Choose parts for your PC

Steps

  1. Deciding your computer. Ask yourself "What am I building this computer for?" 
  2. Choose your CPU. The CPU is the brain of your computer, there are three factors to consider: performance, price, and usually to a lesser extent, power consumption.
  3. Choose your Motherboard. The Motherboard is the bones in your computer. It distributes all the commands the processor sends to all the components.
  4. How much Ram(Memory) you need.  A random-access memory device that allows data items to be read and written, it uses a program to increase the speed of your system.
  5. Choosing a Graphic Card. Since everything about gaming is visual, a high-performance graphics card is a must. The higher the capacity of the card, the better the visual it can produce.
  6. Power Supply. Power supply is the energy it powers everything inside your computer. Make sure you have enough juice in your power supply to power everything in your computer.
  7. Case. Case(Tower) is the face of your computer. If your a gamer you will need a mid atx to a full atx to fit a cooler. 

Comments

  1. So if I want a top-of-the-line i7 processor, the socket has to match. Is the motherboard limited by the socket I have to use? If not, how do I determine the motherboard I want? I want (of course with the i7) the maximum amount of RAM I can get. I also want the SATA connections for all manner of drives. So what motherboard do I choose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first you need to know which i7 processor you want. there are different ones and most of then are high end.

      Delete
  2. BTW: I like the new design you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was looking for a computer related theme but this is the best I could find.

      Delete
  3. So my boyfriend bought a laptop without a hard drive which he is now going to buy seperately and install. Here's my question: how do you install an operating system onto a blank hard drive? When it's installed and you boot up the computer will it walk you through the steps to download Windows ? And is it even possible to get online without an operating system ? Don't you need to have a copy of windows on a cd or usb drive first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you will need a copy of windows on a cd or usb first. so you will need another computer to download it.
      First insert the installation disk then restart it should take you to the installation process.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the guide. Simple, yet they are important parts that should be decided carefully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep it simple in the beginning and then try to expand it later. For now I'm just giving the knowledge of what I will be talking about in the future.

      Delete
  5. That's a very good list and definitely the order I typically start in when picking parts for a new build. It all comes down to the slot types. Some things are sort of mix and match but for the most part, everything needs to be exact specifications to work together. I'd also include a blip about hard drive choice as solid state drives are a lot more affordable and should be considered over a standard spinning drive. At lease for your primary boot drive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts